Untangler

Default Untanlge Wireguard needs a restart

Untangle install of wireguard needs to be restarted at least twice a day if I try and keep a 24/7 connection through untangle. Raspberry pi wireguard never needs restart connections been going for over a week. If I go into the wireguard app in untangle turn it off turn it back on everything works fine I don't even have to restart the android wireguard client. Anyone else noticing this with untangle?

Untangler

reinstalled seems to be working without any restarts.

Untangler

After further testing wireguard on untangle it's definitely needing a restart within 48 hrs if I leave android clients connected 24/7 not sure about other clients. Also the wireguard reports don't report current sessions just requested sessions. Wireguard Linux installs work flawless never need to restart.

Logs showing errors not sure whos changing settings but it's not me.

Dec 20 12:23:55 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 20 12:23:55 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 20 12:23:58 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 20 12:24:04 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 20 12:24:04 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 20 12:24:08 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 20 22:31:25 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 20 22:31:25 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 20 22:31:26 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 24 12:33:37 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 12:33:37 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 12:34:05 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 24 12:39:11 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 12:39:11 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 12:39:39 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 24 12:44:29 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 12:44:29 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 12:44:53 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Dec 24 13:33:18 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 13:33:18 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 13:34:21 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 13:34:21 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 13:35:13 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings will change, storing local settings...
    Dec 24 13:35:13 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> ERROR Unable to reconfigure the Wireguard VPN app
    Dec 24 13:35:41 localhost app-31: [WireGuardVpnApp] <> INFO Network Settings have changed. Syncing new settings...
    Last edited by pcwatermods; 12-27-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Untangler

I'm having the same exact issue.
    It is affecting all clients and tunnels. Win10, iOS, android, linux, os x.
    I haven't had the issue occur on the two Z4s I have in production, but having the issue on a z12.
    Running 16.1.1
    I opened a ticket with untangle; hoping to hear back soon. I'll post any updates once I hear back from them.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by tgr225 View Post
    I'm having the same exact issue.
    It is affecting all clients and tunnels. Win10, iOS, android, linux, os x.
    I haven't had the issue occur on the two Z4s I have in production, but having the issue on a z12.
    Running 16.1.1
    I opened a ticket with untangle; hoping to hear back soon. I'll post any updates once I hear back from them.
    Thank you for the info.

Untangler

Received a response from Untangle. They're saying that it's WAN related. I'm not buying it. Has anyone else in this forum had this issue?

Untangler

wan related lol Um okay. Then why does it work as intended on a Rpi 4 runs 24/7 no problems same wan. Oh well is what it is.

Thank you again for the info glad I don't pay for the support app or whatever it is.
    Last edited by pcwatermods; 01-08-2021 at 10:07 PM.

That's an oddly flippant attitude that belies an obvious massive difference you've apparently overlooked.

Your RPI 4 has a single NIC, which means it is NOT your router, and therefore is not subject to the WAN environment. You have some other routing device between it and the world.

Now I'm not saying that's why one works and the other doesn't, but I am saying it's enough of a fundamental difference that grants room to Untangle Support's case. I don't have the evidence in front of me either way, my Wireguard modules have been rock solid since release.
    pcwatermods likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    That's an oddly flippant attitude that belies an obvious massive difference you've apparently overlooked.

Your RPI 4 has a single NIC, which means it is NOT your router, and therefore is not subject to the WAN environment. You have some other routing device between it and the world.

Now I'm not saying that's why one works and the other doesn't, but I am saying it's enough of a fundamental difference that grants room to Untangle Support's case. I don't have the evidence in front of me either way, my Wireguard modules have been rock solid since release.
    Good point. All I know is it works solid with a Rpi and other linux server installs behind Ubiquiti routers on the same Wan/ISP only difference is the Untanlge for me. Wireguard on untanlge needs a restart to get it working again. Didn't get any replies to the thread since I started it except for TGR255 who actually reported same issues and now you to set me straight I guess. Anyways I'm not tech support and have other means to get what I need done and figured out and working just thought I post what I'm seeing if support says it's working as intended okay great.

Unfortunately, that module is really new... and there's not a ton of time on it yet. I'm not willing to say it's stable for the very same reasons, but support for it is limited too for all the same reasons.

In many ways, your RPI configuration is more mature.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com