Unhappy VPN suddenly 100x slower then before!

Hello,
    this is a weird problem. I have a windows server and a windows PC. I login to the server via WireGuard and use SMB and RDP. It was working fine for months. I have 500/30Mbps connection at home and the server has 300/300Mbps connection. I was downloading files usually about 30MB/s, but yesterday I noticed it suddenly got super slow and my download from a server is around 2Mbps instead of 300! I am not aware of any change. There was no patch or reboot of neither system and still the speed is so bad both download and upload. There seem to be nothing wrong with the hardware because copying from that server via LAN goes 100MB/s and I can also access the same files via share mounted into synology and that works still fast around 30MB/s over internet, but anything over VPN is now super slow (also http). I don't see anything wrong in WireGuard logs. What can it be?
    Last edited by McVitas; 10-12-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Yesterday?

Remember, you're sharing that bandwidth at both ends with anyone else at the sites who might also be using the ISP connection. Someone starts watching netflix, and your throughput will suffer. The Playstation wakes up and starts downloading that 60GB video game update? That impacts VPN service. You're also at the mercy of anything that might be going on with an interconnect anywhere in the internet between both ends of the VPN.

Not that I doubt you have a problem, but for these things you must give it some time first to be sure the problem wasn't just some random issue with the underlying physical link.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Especially while the world is dealing with some of the largest DDOS assaults in human history.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

the bandwidth is shared with exactly one person! He has home connection from Netbox company which is symmetric 300/300Mbps.
    You didn't read my post properly obviously because I said that I CAN transfer files via this person's Synology web interface with 30MB/s speed, but if I try the same files via VPN it is hardly 300KB/s!
    So maybe the ISP started to throttle VPN packets somehow??

They can do that too, just because one traffic type works doesn't mean another does. The internet is a strange place, and yes I did read your post. Sadly the evidence you provided simply isn't as relevant to the problem as you think it is!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com