Default Wireguard site-to-site DNS issues

In May 2021, I posted under the identical title about a problem I was having with DNS resolution over a Wireguard site-to-site tunnel. That thread has been closed so I'm posting here. The problem was completely my fault. I had created a firewall rule that, as it turned out, didn't do what I was expecting it to do. Removing said rule resolved the name resolution problem.

In case you're wondering, I have not been puzzling over this for 8 months - I gave up back in May. However, something else came up that lead me to re-evaluate the firewall rule.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by cavan View Post
    In May 2021, I posted under the identical title about a problem I was having with DNS resolution over a Wireguard site-to-site tunnel. That thread has been closed so I'm posting here. The problem was completely my fault. I had created a firewall rule that, as it turned out, didn't do what I was expecting it to do. Removing said rule resolved the name resolution problem.

In case you're wondering, I have not been puzzling over this for 8 months - I gave up back in May. However, something else came up that lead me to re-evaluate the firewall rule.
    I just did a video on how to create a site to site WG connection.. You still having issues ?
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa6...vrywIaGtDXOlSQ

No, but thank you. As I said in my post, the issue turned out to be self-inflicted - a firewall rule that was not doing what I thought it would do.
    dashpuppy likes this.