Untangler

Default Wireguard wireless issue

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have setup a Wireguard connection for 3 new laptops to connect in to access a local server, the laptops are running Windows 11, the tunnel connects but I cannot ping or browse the server, if I plug an ethernet cable in then I can access and ping everything on the server. The wifi access points are just basic setups with WPA2.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinComputers View Post
    Thanks in advance for any help.

I have setup a Wireguard connection for 3 new laptops to connect in to access a local server, the laptops are running Windows 11, the tunnel connects but I cannot ping or browse the server, if I plug an ethernet cable in then I can access and ping everything on the server. The wifi access points are just basic setups with WPA2.

Are you on the same network as the wireguard is connected to ? You should be external to the network AKA at home OR connected to a hotspot phone..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    Are you on the same network as the wireguard is connected to ? You should be external to the network AKA at home OR connected to a hotspot phone..
    Nope, I am on a different network, to add to the confusion I tried connection to a different access point and it worked. I have tried 3 access points and only a 5Ghz will work, 2.4Ghz does not.

Nope, I am on a different network, to add to the confusion I tried connection to a different access point and it worked. I have tried 3 access points and only a 5Ghz will work, 2.4Ghz does not.
    It is sounding like MTU issues.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    It is sounding like MTU issues.
    I disabled IP6 on the Windows 11 laptops and they are now working, can't explain or even verify if that fixed it but they are working.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

I disabled IP6 on the Windows 11 laptops and they are now working, can't explain or even verify if that fixed it but they are working.
    I turn off ipv6 on all machines. Hate it, lots of stuff isn't even supported still and it just causes hair loss.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!